Training Peak Performers
Hypnotic Conference Show
+61 416 929 636
|Posted on December 16, 2014 at 3:01 AM||comments (266)|
2015 is almost here. What are your dreams and resolutions for the coming year?
Will you try to quit smoking or maybe try to lose weight. These are two common New Year resolutions among many.
Others include not drinking as much, saving more, spending less, being a better person and.....the list goes on and on. In fact there are probably as many Mew Year resolutions as there are people.
Everyone has a different perspective on what that change means.
BUT, the big question is........
after making them how will you implement them in a way that makes them stick?
Here are 10 tips to help you turn those resolutions into the new you.
1. Know what you want.... specifically. A clearly defined goal makes it easier for your unconscious mind to look for ways to make it happen.
2. Write your New Year resolution down. Carry it with you, Read it often during the day. Ruminate on what it means for you.
3. Get intensely emotionally involved with your New Year resolution, Make it so compelling that it touches you deep inside to go forward with the change.
4. Make a list of ALL of the reasons how your change is going to improve your life. What are the rewards you experience as you go forward 1, 5, 10 and 20 years.
5. Make a list of ALL the consequences of not making this change in your life. What will happen to you over the next 1, 5, 10, 20 years as result of not taking action now.
6. Make a vision board. For visual people the process of making a vision board and having those pictures around you is a great support for youre unconscious mind.
7. Get a clear picture, a real sense of what you will be like after you have made the change you desire.
8. Visit your future self as described in Tip #7. Imagine stepping inside your future self "as if" you were trying on a new suit. Get a feel for what that is like.
9. Write a letter from your future self, say from 12 months ahead in December 2015. Things to include in the letter are a congratulations on making the change, maybe sharing how that change was made, how great it is to be living this new way as well as other encouragements.
10. See someone who knows how to get inside youre unconscious mind to tweak the programs you've already got running. Your current beliefs in the area you desire to change are the ones that are holding you back. When you see a skilled practitioner of change such as a hypnotherapist you will be better equipped to to create that change. Relying on will power only gets you so far. When your conscious mind is distracted you will fail. However, if the changes are made at the unconscious level where beliefs are situated then you will have a greater probability of making a successful change.
Did you know that January 4 is World Hypnotism Day. Its a day of dispelling the fears and myths around hypnosis and educating people about how hypnosis can help them access the power they have resident in their unconscious mind.
If ....you're ready to change .....then give me a call and I'll share the next steps for you.
Merry Christmas from the beautiful Gold Coast, Australia.
M +61 416 929 636
|Posted on October 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM||comments (127)|
Welcome to Friday...and it is also World Mental Health Day!
Do you ever wonder why so many people get stressed, anxious, panicky and unhappy?
The statistics say there is something like 1 in 5 people at any one time experiencing mental illness. And the numbers for suicide is not too god either.
So, I thought I'd put together a list of tips to stay happy. How does that sound?
You can listen to it by clicking here
|Posted on August 31, 2014 at 7:57 PM||comments (185)|
Whatever happened to the simple life of being a child?
There are so many pressures being applied to children these days it seems. One of these is the pressure to perform for selection at schools.
Recently I was contacted by a concerned Mum about her 9 year old daughter suffering anxiety, to the extent that the young girl became too ill to attend school. The cause?
A school test call NAPLAN. Apparently the school that the young girl wanted to go to uses the results of NAPLAN tests as part of their selection process.
The girl's Mum had tried psycholgists and doctors to no avail. She was still anxious to the point of nausea about the tests.
So, starting with the premise that nothing has a meaning until we give it a meaning...I began with the young girl by reframing what NAPLAN meant. After that, there was a number of conversational and NLP processes utilised to change her belief and associations with NAPLAN tests.
The result? She happily goes to school not worried about NAPLAN. In fact, NAPLAn reminds her of playing with her favourite toys (part of the change work).
Mum couldn't be happier.
Amazing what a few simple tweaks can do for our perception of the world around us.
After seeing the above story, if this sounds like something for you and you feel it could be right for your situation....then give me a call
Have a great day
Mobile +61 416 929 636
|Posted on July 2, 2014 at 6:05 AM||comments (264)|
Love to share with you two hypnotic concepts that will make a difference to how you experience your life......in a very positive way....would you like to know what they are?
One of my mates used to say "I've never had a bad day in my life...some are just better than others".. We all know the saying "shit happens". Right? Its how we deal with it that makes the difference...and you have a choice about how you deal with it.
We all have days that come to seemingly challenge us and knock us out of whatever comfort zone we've settled into. "Yours truly" is no exception and today was no exception. So I'd like to share two ways that I utilise myself to change how I work through things.
Firstly, REFRAMING....by which I mean, considering the situation from a different point of view. Have you ever had that experience before that when you looked at something differently you experienced it differently? You have....haven't you!
You can reframe things in a few different ways. One way is to ask yourself questions like "What else can this mean?" , "What's the gift inside this issue?", "Is there something for me to learn which I can be grateful for?" or even making statements such as "I'm grateful for the gift inside this ...". Play with it, ask yourself a few different questions and see what happens.
Another way to reframe, especially if you are a "feeling" type person is to move yourself physically into a different position. The movement and the different location create a change in perception. Actually, Anthony Robbins says "Motion creates emotion".
Secondly, STATE CHANGE, is a great way to change how you act/react to different situations. Being able to move your STATE OF MIND from negative to positive is a resource that you already have. Consciously using that resource is a skill to practise and develop. Remember a time when you felt flat, sad, negative.....how did you deal with stuff? Poorly, right?
Now flip that right around completely. Remember a time when you felt really strong, powerful and creative......how did you feel with stuff that happened? Like you could deal with it easily, confidently...didn't you?
Practise it with sincerity ....don't try to do it.... DO IT. You'll notice a difference.
"I'm grateful for what I've learnt today. It's a gift that is helping me to grow and be more of who I want to become"
Good night :)