Wayne Donnelly - Hypnotist
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on December 16, 2014 at 3:01 AM||comments ()|
2015 is almost here. What are your dreams and resolutions for the coming year?
Will you try to quit smoking or maybe try to lose weight. These are two common New Year resolutions among many.
Others include not drinking as much, saving more, spending less, being a better person and.....the list goes on and on. In fact there are probably as many Mew Year resolutions as there are people.
Everyone has a different perspective on what that change means.
BUT, the big question is........
after making them how will you implement them in a way that makes them stick?
Here are 10 tips to help you turn those resolutions into the new you.
1. Know what you want.... specifically. A clearly defined goal makes it easier for your unconscious mind to look for ways to make it happen.
2. Write your New Year resolution down. Carry it with you, Read it often during the day. Ruminate on what it means for you.
3. Get intensely emotionally involved with your New Year resolution, Make it so compelling that it touches you deep inside to go forward with the change.
4. Make a list of ALL of the reasons how your change is going to improve your life. What are the rewards you experience as you go forward 1, 5, 10 and 20 years.
5. Make a list of ALL the consequences of not making this change in your life. What will happen to you over the next 1, 5, 10, 20 years as result of not taking action now.
6. Make a vision board. For visual people the process of making a vision board and having those pictures around you is a great support for youre unconscious mind.
7. Get a clear picture, a real sense of what you will be like after you have made the change you desire.
8. Visit your future self as described in Tip #7. Imagine stepping inside your future self "as if" you were trying on a new suit. Get a feel for what that is like.
9. Write a letter from your future self, say from 12 months ahead in December 2015. Things to include in the letter are a congratulations on making the change, maybe sharing how that change was made, how great it is to be living this new way as well as other encouragements.
10. See someone who knows how to get inside youre unconscious mind to tweak the programs you've already got running. Your current beliefs in the area you desire to change are the ones that are holding you back. When you see a skilled practitioner of change such as a hypnotherapist you will be better equipped to to create that change. Relying on will power only gets you so far. When your conscious mind is distracted you will fail. However, if the changes are made at the unconscious level where beliefs are situated then you will have a greater probability of making a successful change.
Did you know that January 4 is World Hypnotism Day. Its a day of dispelling the fears and myths around hypnosis and educating people about how hypnosis can help them access the power they have resident in their unconscious mind.
If ....you're ready to change .....then give me a call and I'll share the next steps for you.
Merry Christmas from the beautiful Gold Coast, Australia.
M +61 416 929 636
|Posted on June 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM||comments ()|
Have you ever wondered how much time it takes for a smoker to become a non smoker?
This may be especially important to know if you are the smoker considering to make that decision to change. Clients come to see me to create that type of change, as well as many others, and they ask me how many sessions will it take to work? The answer is “It depends”.
There are a few factors at play. The clients level of desire to create change, the level of willingness to participate in the hypnosis session.....you’d be surprised how many people come in to a hypnosis session and say they are sceptical. From time to time prospective clients almost demand one session of an hour to change. This is possible.
Often I found it’s not just the smoking habit, as there are underlying anxieties, stresses and negative beliefs to be dealt with. Now lets calibrate for a moment. You may be thinking I’ll change in one hour, and you may well do when you make that decision. What's your history though?
Take a pack a day smoker who has been smoking for 35 years. 20 smokes a day and lets say 5 minutes per smoke, for the ritual = 100 minutes/day.
7 days in a week means that is 700 minutes spent smoking.
52 weeks in a year means that the time spent smoking is 36,500 minutes
That’s 608 hours or 25.3 days with a smoke in their mouth or hand.
The numbers are adding up, aren’t they?
Over 35 years that means a smoker has spent 1,277,500 minutes attached to a smoke. Or 21,291 hours....non stop. (887 days......126 weeks.....2.4 years...) 21,291 hours repeating a habit...a movement...continuously.....and yet....some clients get upset that they don’t change in one hour.
For me, I want to see my clients achieve their desired outcome....that is...to become a non-smoker. That’s why I’ll take the time to get them started in the first session and then over two maybe three more sessions embed the new behaviour as well as simultaneously deal with old habits, old associations, negative thinking and old patterns of behaviour.
Some clients are surprised that I hold them to account for following through on doing what they need to do to ensure they remain a happy, healthy, confident non-smoker. They might have to read an e-book, listen to my hypnosis recordings or do a task that we mutually agree on. After all, if you’re serious, why wouldn’t you follow through and save your life. You would do it....wouldn;t you?
Until next time.....stay safe
|Posted on February 7, 2014 at 9:46 PM||comments ()|
It happens at almost every show And in many one on one or group therapy sessions. Someone will come up and ask me "What if I can't be hypnotised?" or tell me"You can't hypnotise me!"
Both interesting questions and demonstrate that many people today are confused about what hypnosis is, and also , what it isn't"
Lets start with what hypnosis is.
It is a state of deep relaxation where the volunteer is so focused on the hypnotist's voice that they simply block everything else out. The critical conscious factor is bypassed and allows for the unconscious mind to accept suggestions.
While the volunteer appears to be asleep...they are only in a sleep like state and not sleep itself. Sort of like that zone between being awake and being asleep.
If you have a look at your activities each day...there are periods when you seem to operate on autopilot...from driving the car....to getting ready for the day....even to the work you do....
For example...have you ever driven to a location....got out of the car and say to yourself...how did I get here...you forgot the journey....because the unconscious mind took care of it.
The other statement - "You can't hypnotise me!", is usually a fear based statement. That is because the person making the statement is afraid that they will lose control of the mind and hand it to me, as the hypnotist. Simply not true. This is a joint venture. If you don't want to go on the journey then you won't....go on the journey.
Once there is understanding of the hypnotic state then the fear is removed and the volunteers can allow themselves to have fun and enjoy the experience.
And that is what its all about.
Have a sensational day, where ever you are.
PS I love to hear your feedback. Tell me what you want to hear more of.
|Posted on November 15, 2013 at 5:39 PM||comments ()|
Sometimes you can see great insights in simple things.
Take kid's movies for example. Like Kung Fu Panda.
Here is this panda, called Po, who works in a noodle shop.
All the time he is dreaming of being a kung fu master.
When he wakes from his dreams he is just a panda.
And yet, he still dreams of his goal in his waking moments.
An opportunity comes for him to train with the greats.
The turtle grand master decrees him to be the Dragon Warrior.
The trainer puts Po through his paces and discovers that Po is really
setting a new record low of achievement. Zero. Po becomes down on himself.
He is not like them. They do not make him welcome and he feels out of place.
Po goes to leave, he totally lacks any belief in himself. Yet the trainer
is given an insight about believing in Po and he will see Po become the Dragon Warrior.
If you haven't seen the movie - go and get it.
Events turn when Po realises the meaning of the Dragon scroll. Only the Dragon Warrior
is allowed to read it. When Po unrolls the scroll it is blank. He sees only his reflection.
What can this mean? The revelation is that there is no secret ingredient to being the master, or to success. The main ingredient is YOU.
Believing in yourself is the secret ingredient.
Many people find this the hardest thing to achieve. Yet, you can do it when you
have the right tools. And I'm blessed to be able to help people find that belief within
And in the end. Po has the final fight with his nemesis.....and because he believes in himself ....he wins.
We can all win when we believe we can.
Have an awesome day!
|Posted on July 14, 2013 at 4:04 AM||comments ()|
Feedback from one of yesterdays attendees at my free hypnosis into demo.
"Hi Wayneit worked!!!!!!I did your relaxation and then slept for 4 1/2 hours uninterruptedly till I had to go to the loo. Then fell asleep immediately (!!!!) and slept until 5 a.m. and then again until 7 a.m.It's truly amazing, thanks to you!After one hour of your talk and 10 min. hypnosis and your relaxation recording, such a result is very awesome.Thanks a thousand times and let me know when you do your next workshop."
Nice to have the skills to change someone's life.
By the way - Quit Smoking and Weight Loss workshops next weekend in Mullumbimby.See http://www.hypnosis-downunder.com.au/Hypnosis-Workshops.html
See you next weekend,